Friday, May 17, 2013

Way more food than I can eat!

Hubby and I have been doing the MRC meal plans for 14 days now (that includes the first week that is just a  work you into it kind of thing). 8 days in we had both lost 6.5 pounds!

There have been days that I wanted to scream because I couldn't eat something I wanted. Something that my kids were eating right in front of me. What you might ask?
  • Freezer waffles
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
  • sweet and salty granola bar
  • ANYTHING that didn't include lettuce
However, the results prove that this is worth it. And, I'm not hungry. It's just those mental cravings for all the things I love but shouldn't eat as much of as I did. 

The following pictures are not great since my table is brown, but I'm posting them to show how much food I'm eating. It's a ton! Most of the time I have to sit and make myself finish because I'm just not hungry, but they say I need to eat it all to get the required nutrients. We also weigh everything now! 4 oz of meat is a lot of meat!
 Orange Beef and Broccoli (4 oz meat, 4 oz veg, 4 oz salad, 50 calories of starch)
(4 oz of turkey burger, 4 oz squash/zucchini, 4 oz salad)


No comments: