Friday, May 10, 2013

Changes Are A Comin'!

I thought I was done with this little "pursuit of health" blog. A few months ago I decided to resign myself to being overweight, tired and old looking. It was just too much work and I didn't feel like I had the support to stay strong. Plus life was VERY stressful with a move and book release.

However...

Changes are coming, and this time they are for the good.

Last week I moved into my new home (yes, just 7 months after the last move) and I hope to be here for the next 10 years at least. It was a good time for hubby and I do sit down and take a good look at where we were health wise. We didn't really like what we saw and it finally hit us how it is affecting our children's health.

On Monday we both went to Metabolic Research Center and signed up. Here's what I like after just 4 days:

  • I go in twice a week so there is accountability.
  • I have someone to talk to who wants me to succeed, has been where I am and met their goals.
  • It's real life choices, not a diet
  • I don't have to buy food, but they are teaching me how to shop at the local grocery store to make better choices.
  • In the beginning I have a very specific menu that is easy to follow.
  • The food is normal food that I already eat and like.
  • My family can eat what I eat and I don't have to buy "extra" groceries to support two meals.
  • Did I say it was easy? It is.
  • I've not felt hungry once.
  • I'm sleeping better which means my energy is improving.
  • They offer herbal supplements but they are optional (other than the protein drinks and multi-vitamin)
  • I lost 4.5 pounds by sticking to the plan over 3 days!

Do I need to say anything other than that? I know that's just water weight, but it boosted my hope that this time I can get on the right track and stay here.

I'll post an update here every Friday with how things are going, how I feel and my favorite recipe of the week. Once I start going to their classes (all included) I'll share what I learn with you.

Here is to finally living healthy.

No comments: