Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frustrated

Well, after a week of running the kitchen at camp, and a week of travel after that, I managed to gain back the 4lbs I had lost.

It's very frustrating. And what do I do when I get frustrated? I eat!

I'm finally home and ready to get back on track. Today I'll shop for groceries, get the laundry done, plan "back to school shopping", and plan my exercise routines for next week. The kids don't go back to school until the 27th, but I need to start running and exercising before then. It'll just be easier once they're all gone during the day. Mentally I think I'll be more successful with a quiet house and no one standing at my elbow "Mom? Mom?" Momming me to death.

And think how clean my house is going to be!

The biggest challenge is going to be putting correct eating (portions) with the exercise. I'm finally getting more sleep and drinking enough water. I also noticed that the week I stuck to my training menu I lost weight--and it had me eating 400 more calories than I normally eat. Perhaps my body is storing the fat because it's in starvation mode?

My trainer has me on 1400 on non exercise days and 1800 on workouts. Before I was aiming for 1200 and 1400. That's a big difference. The trick will be healthy 1800--lean protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables.

Wish me luck!


No comments: