Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pork Chops with Pineapple

There may be a recipe similar to this one in the archives. I didn't bother to look. This one is really easy though, so I'll post it again. I thought it tasted a bit bland, so will spice it up next time, but my hubby really liked it. You just never know do you?

 
Anyway, here it is.
 
  • 4 pork loin chops (or how many you need for your family. There is plenty of broth for more)
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 can pineapple chunks (I prefer tidbits)
  • 1/8 tsp ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350°F. Place pork chops in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish, and cover the chops with the chicken broth. (I sprinkled both sides with salt and pepper. Next time I'm going to add garlic, onion and red pepper flakes to the broth to get more flavor in the chops) Cover with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes or until meat juices are clear.
 
Take chops out and lightly brown in a skillet.

Pour one can undrained pineapple chunks and about 1/8 tsp ground ginger over the chops and simmer about 5-10 minutes and serve over rice.

 

No comments: