Monday, December 29, 2014

A New Year is Coming Closer

I haven't posted anything on here in a long time. The truth is I had reached a good place in my quest for a healthier life. My husband and I joined Metabolic Research Center and lost a little over 20 lbs each in 2013.

It was wonderful. I've never felt so good. We were eating healthy and exercising. For the first time I LOVED running. Before I enjoyed it, but mostly I liked how I felt when I was finished. You know that sense of accomplishment. The knowledge that you did something hard and uncomfortable because it was good for you. But when I was 20 lbs. lighter I enjoyed the actual running. My body felt strong. I didn't have trouble breathing and the motion felt wonderful!

Then life slammed me again. I held on for almost a year, but last August I started the slow weight gain. Ounce by ounce, pound by pound I regained all that I had lost. Then I had one week where I was so depressed and frustrated that I gained another 10 pounds.

I didn't care.

Part of me wanted to eat myself to death.

Good news. I've gotten over that. In fact, over the week of Christmas I actually lost 2 lbs by simply drinking more water and paying attention to my portions. I still ate everything I wanted, but I did it sensibly.

This morning I woke up and put in 30 minutes on the treadmill. It felt good to be doing something for myself again. There is a journey ahead, but at least this time I know I can do it.

The trick will be staying where I want to be for the rest of my life.

Here's to New Year's resolutions!

No comments: